In Mark 9:23, “Jesus said to him, ‘If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.’” NKJV
Dr. Edwin Louis Cole said, A person’s beliefs hold the greatest potential for good or harm in life. What we believe about ourselves and others is based on perspective. Christians should base their beliefs on the bible. The bible is God’s Word to us and is literally God speaking to us. People have asked me over the 35 years of ministry, How can I know God is speaking to me? I always tell them that the bible is the #1 way that God speaks to us!
What a Person Believes About God Can Make the Difference…
What a person believes about God can make the difference between whether or not they will receive from the Lord. Many believe God to be a cruel, uncaring and unloving God. A God who is disinterested in their lives and the struggles they go through on a daily basis. Those suffering with sickness and disease especially question God’s existence during their suffering. They ask, If God was real or cared then why is He allowing me to suffer like this? That question has kept many good people out of the blessing of God’s healing power. There are a few things you must settle in your thinking about Healing and God Himself;
- Satan is the thief who came to steal, kill and destroy…NOT GOD (John 10:10a).
- God has no sickness or disease to give you. Jesus came to give us a more abundant life, a life to the full, till it overflows (John 10:10b AMP).
- Sickness came into the world when Adam & Eve fell into sin in the garden of Eden. Adam was the door through which sin came and sin was the door through which sickness & disease came into the world (Romans 5:12).
- JESUS not only saved us from our sins, which separated us from God, but He also redeemed us from the curse that came as a result of man’s original sin.
The “Curse” Scripture Speaks About is a 3-fold Curse;
- The Curse of Spiritual Death – Which means that when man sinned his human spirit became separated from God’s Spirit. Man was now alienated from the very life of God and was now subject to physical death.
- The Curse of Sickness & Disease – When man’s spirit was separated from God, his body also became subject to physical death. You might be surprised to know that our bodies were never meant to die. We were to live forever in these bodies, at least that was the plan until man fell into sin.
- The Curse of Poverty & Lack – This is the third area in which mankind has been impacted by the fall of Adam & Eve in the garden of Eden. Poverty steals the authority over your life to make financial choices and is used by Satan to change times and seasons according to Daniel 7:25. God has planned it so that you and I could live with everything we need financially and materially. That is for another blog though.
Galatians 3:13-14 says, 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. NKJV
Notice that scripture teaches that the Lord Jesus Christ HAS(Past Tense) REDEEMED US from the 3-fold curse by becoming a curse for us. When did Jesus become a curse? When He hung upon the cross. It was there He bore our sins, sicknesses, diseases, poverty and lack! We do not have to bear what He bore for us anymore! He literally took our place. He took our punishment for the sins we committed. He NEVER sinned once and was qualified to be our sacrificial lamb who took upon Himself the full load of our punishment and judgment! Thank God we are free…at least from God’s perspective.
What About Your Perspective?
Jesus said, …ALL things are possible to [THEM] who believe…! What I believe does not impact you as much as what you believe. F. F. Bosworth wrote in his classic on divine healing that, ‘Faith begins where the will of God is known!’ Many people are in the dark concerning God’s will for them to be healed. They wrongfully assume that if God wanted them healed than they would be healed! Unfortunately that is not how it works. Certainly God wants EVERYONE to be born again and place their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and make it to heaven one day. Yet we can see that not everyone will believe for themselves and receive what God did for them in Christ. The same principle holds true in order for people to receive God’s blessing of healing.
HERE’S A SHOCKING FACT!
God has already done something about your healing. So for you to say that I am waiting on God to heal me… would be incorrect! Over two thousand years ago God sent His Only Begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who became like one of us, ministered supernaturally and was brutally beaten with stripes across His entire body and had his facial hair ripped from his face. He was pierced in His hands, feet and side. He bore the full penalty of our sins, not His own. Just before He bowed His head to die, He uttered one of the most powerful things the earth has ever heard…It is finished!
Literally Jesus was acknowledging that everything He came to do He did. Everything He set out to accomplish was completed. He settled the claims of justice in such a way that the Father God was pleased and accepted His sacrifice on behalf of those who would believe on Him. Here’s the shocking fact; God has already done everything in Christ He is ever going to do about our Sins, Sicknesses and Poverty. It is time for you to rise up and begin believing in that finished work and lay hold, by faith, of the healing Jesus has already paid for on your behalf!
HERE’S A CONFESSION FOR YOU TO MAKE: Heavenly Father, I acknowledge today that my Lord Jesus Christ has already come and redeemed my life in every way. I also recognize that it is not an automatic thing and that I must release my faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. So I do that right now…1 Peter 2:24b says, ‘…by whose stripes we WERE healed…’. I believe that I was healed according to your Word. If I was healed that means I am healed right now! I refuse to be moved by what I see, hear or feel. I choose to be moved only by what the Word of God says concerning me and my situation. I now obey Mark 11:23 and I speak to my mountain(in this case(Sickness/Disease) and command that it be removed from my life and cast into the sea in Jesus name! According to Galatians 3:13-14 I am redeemed from Spiritual Death, Sickness & Disease, and Poverty & Lack. Therefore I resist the symptoms of Sin, Sickness and Poverty and I believe that I have now received my healing and deliverance by faith and I have it now in Jesus name! I lift my hands and my voice and I thank you Heavenly Father that I am free according to your Word and your Power in the mighty name of my Lord Jesus Christ! Hallelujah!!!
Finally, let me encourage you to listen to the messages we have posted on our website at https://mjbministries.org/teachings/. There you will receive further encouragement to inspire your faith to receive today!
Sincerely in Christ,
Pastor Michael J. Burns, Founding Pastor of REAL Church